The plan aims to control the large-scale outbreak and spread of avian influenza; proactively monitor the situation for the early detection and warning, and the application of prevention and control solutions; create favorable conditions for the successful construction of avian flu-free poultry farming regions and establishments; and contribute to minimizing negative impacts of bird flu on the public health, food security and commercial activities in Viet Nam.
- Organize good control of epidemics, proactively monitor the situation to detect and handle outbreaks in a timely fashion, and prevent epidemics from spreading on a large scale.
- Prevent new branches and strains of new dangerous viruses from entering and spreading widely in Viet Nam.
- Organize the vaccination for poultry at a minimum rate of 80% of the flocks subject to vaccination.
- Successfully build disease-free poultry production regions and chains following the OIE’s recommendations, aiming to meet domestic consumption and exports of poultry and poultry products.
- Contribute to minimizing or preventing human infections with dangerous avian influenza strains (H5 and H7).
The main contents of the plan include zoning in service of effective control of bird flu epidemics, the monitoring of the epidemics, and the handling of bird flu outbreaks.