On the morning of December 7, the ceremony to receive the special national monument of Dong Duong Buddhist Institute was organized by Quang Nam province in this ruins in Binh Dinh Bac commune, Thang Binh district.
Dong Duong Cham archaeological and architectural relic located on Dong Duong village territory is also called Dong Duong Buddhist Institute. Dong Duong Buddhist monastery was only really known when the French scientists published the results of their research and excavation when they discovered its size and important location.
Dong Duong Buddhist temple was built in 875 by King Indravarman II to worship the protective Bodhisattva for the royal court, Laksmindra - Lokesvara. This was one of the Buddhist monasteries of the Champa kingdom, belonging to the largest monasteries in Southeast Asia at that time.
The inscription also records that in 875, because of his belief in Buddhism, the king erected a Buddhist monastery (Vihara) and the Laksmindra Lokesvara Svabhayada temple. On the inscription also refers to the ultimate bliss realm (svargapura) or "liberated metropolis" (moksapura), the "abode" of Buddha (Buddhapada).
In 1901, French researcher L.Finot in his published topic on the Dong Duong relics introduced 229 artifacts discovered, most notably the bronze Buddha statue, the tall standing Buddha statue. more than 1m is quite an interesting research project that scientists have guessed because because in general, this statue is considered to be the perfect and beautiful art in the first class of Southeast Asia.
In 1902, H.Parmentier researcher conducted excavations on a large scale at Dong Duong Buddhist Institute. Thanks to this excavation has attracted researchers to find, and assess this is one of the important monuments of Southeast Asia.
According to H. Pramentier’s description, the entire main temple area and adjacent towers are distributed on an axis from west to east, about 1,300 meters long, the main temple area is located in a rectangular area 326 meters long, 155m wide, surrounded by brick walls, from the main temple there is a road about 760m long running east to a rectangular valley.
In addition to the main hall, the brick foundations of a monastic area and lecture halls were discovered on a large circumference, the tiles used for construction areas were also scattered, proving that this was a tissue. The closed Buddha image is ideal for the training of monks.