These prohibited-zones include:
1 - Defense work areas and military zones of special importance under the direct management and protection of the Ministry of National Defense.
The horizontal distance from a flying drone/ultra-light flying object to the above-mentioned areas must be no less than 500 meters, regardless of flight altitude.
2- Headquarter areas of the bodies of the State, the Party, the National Assembly, the Government, ministries and central agencies; headquarters of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front Central Committee; headquarters of the provincial-level Party Committees, People’s Councils, People’s Committees; headquarters of foreign diplomatic missions, consular offices, and international organizations in Viet Nam.
The horizontal distance between a flying drone/ultra-light flying object and the aforesaid areas must be no less than 200 meters, regardless of flight altitude.
3- Security-defense areas, including storage areas, factories and other works that are important in terms of defense and security.
The horizontal distance from a flying drone/ultra-light flying object to the aforesaid areas must be no less than 500 meters, regardless of flight altitude.
4 – Around airports. Specifically:
- For airports with 01 runway and landing, the no-fly zones extend by 15,000m and 5,000m from two sides of triangle shapes of the runways at any height.
- For an airport with 02 runways or more, the restricted area is limited to the rectangular area, 15,000m and 5,000m from two sides of rectangle shapes of the runways at any height.
- Airports which have less than six civil flights per day can flexibly adjust the no-fly zones at their discretion.
5 - The no-fly zones are also the areas within the limits of air routes, flight trails and corridors that were licensed in the airspace of Vietnam, the limited scope of air routes stated in the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) Vietnam published by the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam.
The PM’s decision states that in special cases of national defence and security or at the requests of ministries, branches and localities to ensure flight safety and social order, the Ministry of Defence shall decide to temporarily prohibit from flying to unmanned aircraft in one or some areas. The decision will take effect immediately.
The PM’s decision also regulates restricted flying zones to drones and ultra-light flying vehicles including:
- Airspace over 120m above the terrain (excluding airspace of the above-mentioned no-fly zones),
- Crowded areas and the border areas.
- The limited distance in the land border with China is 25,000m from border line to the land of Vietnam at all heights while the limited distance in land border between Vietnam and Laos and Cambodia is 10,000m.
- The limited distances are 3,000m in width and 5,000m in length from the no-fly zones at airports having military and civil flights. And the heights are less than 1,200m above the terrain.