After listening reports of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control, of the People's Committees of some provinces, the Prime Minister sent the following direction:
1. COVID-19 epidemic has been complicated in Danang and some other provinces. The Prime Minister required the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control, the Ministry of Health, ministries, branches, concerned, and local leaders to uphold responsibility and mobilize the whole political system strictly implementing the directions of the Government, the Prime Minister on epidemic prevention and control.
2. 2. The ministries: Information and Communications, Health, Vietnam Television Station, Voice of Vietnam Radio, press agencies, People's Committees of provinces shall promote information, propagate about the situation, disease movements, measures to prevent and control epidemics and encourage people to be alert, take initiative and voluntarily implement anti-epidemic measures such as wearing masks in public places, on public transport, limit the crowds when not needed, wash your hands often with soap.
3. The Prime Minister welcomes and highly appreciates Da Nang City, the Ministry of Health and the concerned ministries and branches in timely and synchronously implementing appropriate epidemic prevention and control measures throughout the whole city of Da Nang.
4. The ministries of Health, Finance and localities must ensure the capacity of the health system.
5. Continue to strengthen capacity, conduct testing on a large scale firstly in Da Nang City.
6. Agreeing to the plan of strengthening treatment capacity, mobilizing central hospitals, military hospitals, hospitals in Quang Nam, Thua Thien - Hue provinces to treat patients in Da City Danang.
7. Depending on the evolution of epidemics, the President of the People's Committee of the province or city directly under the Central Government shall decide the risk level and apply epidemic prevention and control measures suitable to each risk level strictly according to the Prime Minister's direction.